Heath & Growth Plan Contracts
Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with Skwintz, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below.
- The Client: The company, organization, or individual requesting the services of Skwintz.
- Skwintz: The freelance business of Becca Kroese and any associated partners or appointed agents.
- Contract Cycle: the agreed period of time for when WordPress updates are performed which for this contract is once every month.
Skwintz will carry out work only where written confirmation is provided by email or post. Skwintz will carry out work only for Clients who are 18 years of age or above.
Skwintz’s Maintenance Contracts
What is included:
- Updates to WordPress core once at the start of each contract cycle
- WordPress Plugin Updates once at the start of each contract cycle
- WordPress Theme Updates once at the start of each contract cycle
- Installation and maintenance of WordPress security plugin to help prevent attacks and to scan the website for malicious code.
- If after updates to WordPress core, WordPress plugins or WordPress themes are performed it is determined that one or more of the updates cause problems for the overall functioning of the website, then the site will be ‘rolled back’ to the state before the updates were performed using the latest website backup. Skwintz will then contact the Client to discuss options to remedy the issue.
- Daily backup of Database
- Daily backup of Files
- 30 Minutes of website maintenance time if on the basic plan.
What is not included:
- Addition of new features to the website or modification of existing features
- Changes to the design of the website
- Installation of new WordPress plugins
- Installation of new WordPress themes
- Repair of website
- Any work required to remedy an issue where an update to WordPress core, WordPress plugins or WordPress themes has been found to cause problems to the overall functioning of the website. This work will be discussed with the Client beforehand and then charged separately at Skwintz’s hourly rate.
Client Payment of Accounts
Maintenance contract fees are due upfront before any hours of work have been completed. Skwintz is a small business and requests that you pay the invoices sent to you promptly. For maintenance plans, Skwintz will invoice on date of signup and every month on the same day. Should a payment be late, Skwintz reserves the right to freeze all work until accounts are settled, and to charge a 1.5% late fee on the outstanding amount compounded monthly.
This agreement remains in effect until either you or Skwintz cancels it. You may cancel this contract at any time, provided that all payments are up-to-date. Should you decide to cancel this agreement, you acknowledge that no refunds will be given on the amounts you have already paid. You also authorize Skwintz to charge your credit card or other payment methods for any payments that remain outstanding. Skwintz reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time, for any reason, and without prior notification. Should Skwintz decide to cancel this agreement, you will be sent a cancellation notice via email.
While performing tasks related to this contract Skwintz cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction, or interruption of the Client’s website. Skwintz cannot guarantee that its work will be error-free and so Skwintz also cannot be liable to the Client or any third party
for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this web site and any other web pages, even if the
Client has advised Skwintz of the possibilities of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed.